7 Holiday Travel Tips
Travel during the busy holiday season doesn’t have to be full of frustrations. Remember these few tips to help you have smooth travel.
1. Plan and budget. Travel during the peak holiday season can be extra busy and priced at a premium. We recommend you consider your travel plans six to nine months in advance to find the best deals for air and accommodations.
2. Travel on off-peak days. Avoid traveling the day before Thanksgiving and Christmas. Traveling early on the actual holiday can often save you frustration and money.
3. Pack earplugs and a sleep mask. Earplugs will be your friend on noisy flights and a sleep mask can help you get better sleep while in unfamiliar hotel surroundings.
4. Ship your gifts. Save frustration with trying to keep your suitcase under the weight limit and avoid the chance of gifts being opened for inspection. Instead, ship your gifts to your destination in advance.
5. Pack light. If you can manage it, try packing a carry-on suitcase only. This will help you avoid long lines to check-in luggage and will let you keep your items with you should you have any flight or train schedule changes.
6. Remember your chargers. With the need to arrive early to air and train terminals during the holiday season, don’t forget to bring your device chargers and even a travel charging brick as a backup.
7. Call your travel advisor. Stay calm and call your travel advisor. They can help you find the best value and make sure your travel plans are smooth during the holiday season.
We hope these tips help spark ideas about how you can have a great travel experience this holiday season. Quick bonus tip: don't forget to pack your smile. Your simple smile will help you keep a positive attitude - and may just brighten someone else's day, too!
We wish you a wonderful holiday season that is filled with love and laughter.